"so then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and

OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS..."

Colossians 2:6-7

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Day 1-Day 4

Hello from the HughesZoo!

We are all alive and well, despite our rather long blog absence. :)

Rather than dwell on the fact that it's been nearly a YEAR since I last wrote anything on here, I thought I just jump right back in and try to use the month of November to make up for lost time by posting 30 things I'm thankful for-- one for each day of the month.

I hope is that this exercise will spur me on to be a bit more prolific in the coming year... :)

It goes without saying that I am thankful for my family-- my husband, my beautiful, energetic children-- my faith, my friends, my home, etc. (Although I might still use any one of the aforementioned things at some point this month) So, I'd like to really focus on the mundane things in life that are so easily taken for granted.

And since today is actually November 4th, today's installment will be a catch-up round of FOUR things I'm thankful for. :)

So, without further adieu:

Today, I am thankful for the beautiful sunshine that lights up my home. It is supposed to be 90 degrees today. And yes, it IS November. Both girls wore sundresses to school. Felt a little bit wrong, but whatever. They were dressed weather-appropriate. :)

I am thankful for my dishwasher, washing machine and dryer, all of which are currently running. Rather than complain about the work surrounding each of those appliances, I will focus on the true blessing they are to me as the keeper of my home.

I am thankful for a quiet afternoon at home. Tori, Liam AND Daddy-- who surprised us by coming home early!-- are all taking naps. Lexy is still at school, and I am about to go fold some laundry while KLOVE plays in the background. BLISS.

I am thankful for the full refrigerator and pantry that will (more than) meet our nourishment needs over the next week. God is always faithful to provide "our daily bread" and much, much more.

0 comments: