"so then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and

OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS..."

Colossians 2:6-7

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thankful Day 21

Today I am thankful for hope.

We found out yesterday that our former pastor and friend Tom Givens -- the man who married Bill and I-- was recently diagnosed with ALS.

Absolute Blow To The Gut.

It makes no sense. This, for a man who has devoted his life to proclaiming the gospel.

And yet, we have HOPE.
Because God is good. And He is Sovereign.

7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD,
I wait for God my Savior;
my God will hear me.

8 Do not gloat over me, my enemy!
Though I have fallen, I will rise.
Though I sit in darkness,
the LORD will be my light.

Micah 7: 7-8


Join me in lifting the whole Givens family up in prayer as they process all of this.

0 comments: