"so then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and

OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS..."

Colossians 2:6-7

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thankful Day 9

Today I am thankful for the tender moments of cuddling with my kids.


I remember when Lexy was born, a family friend told me about how years ago, she nursed her now college-aged son in the middle of the night WELL beyond the recommended age for nighttime feedings simply because it was the only time when she had him all to herself-- quiet, uninterrupted cuddle time. To this sleep-deprived first-time mom, those words didn't really make much sense. I couldn't wait for Lexy to sleep through the night so I could get back to my precious sleep. Funny how things change... Five years and 3 kids later, I completely understand what she meant.

If there is anything good about a sick kid, it's got to be the cuddling, right?

Liam has had a really hard time sleeping at night for about the past week-- due in large part to the ear infection we now know about, I'm sure-- so I have been up all hours of the night playing the role of comforter. I am so easily-inclined to complain about the loss of sleep (and I do! way. too. much.), but it hit me last night during one of the prolonged wake periods-- "I won't be able to cuddle with him like this forever. Cherish the moments."

And so today, despite the bags under my eyes and the cloudiness of my sleep-deprived brain, I am thankful for the precious moments of uninterrupted cuddle time I get with my sweet little guy, snotty nose and all. :)

0 comments: