"so then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and

OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS..."

Colossians 2:6-7

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pology Note

My friend Heather from our Sunday School class (that actually meets on Saturday nights, but it feels too delinquent to call it "Saturday School class") has begun inviting the women from class (and any small children) over to her house on Wednesday mornings in an effort to all get to know one another. I'm THRILLED with the opportunity.

Heather's own elementary-aged kids who are not there to protect their possessions have GRACIOUSLY allowed our small children to play in their rooms. SERIOUS grace, here.
You should see the mess that becomes of their rooms while many small children play.

So two weeks ago, Lexy found a pair of scissors in Lauren's room. She has been taught 100 gagillion times that scissors ONLY CUT PAPER. But for some reason, she decided to give them a try on Lauren's doll. Her AMERICAN GIRL DOLL. Thankfully, I think the permanence of her initial cut kind of scared her, so she didn't continue cutting. But poor little American Girl Doll now has one little chunk of bangs.

At the point when this haircut was discovered, it wasn't clear who had done the cutting. There were multiple kids in and out of the room, and no one was really acting guilty. But I just had that feeling. The one that a mother has when she KNOWS it was her kid.

On the way home, we talked about it and Lexy admitted that she had done it. She seemed genuinely repentant, so I didn't really push the matter. Except to tell her that she would need to write an apology letter to Lauren.

Fast forward to this morning,... which was our first time back since the Hair Cut Incident. I had almost forgotten about it, actually,... I guess I have too many other issues floating around in my brain.

We were getting ready to walk out the door and Lexy screams, "Wait Mom! I need to write a Pology Note!"

She ran off into the office to the drawer where I kept my stationary and began digging through various cards and envelopes.

All of a sudden it "clicked" in my brain what she was talking about.

I found a generic, blank-inside card for her to use.

"Is this a Pology Note, Mom?"

"Yes."

"Oh. Ok."

I told her what letters to write, but she did it all on her own.

Dear Lauren,
I'm sorry I cut your Baby's hair.

She signed her name on back since we were,..ahem... out of room.
(We're still working on SIZE of the letters.)



0 comments: