"so then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and

OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS..."

Colossians 2:6-7

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Easter Bunny Encounter

Last Saturday, our local mall sponsored a "Breakfast with the Easter Bunny" event.
The girls and I made our way over there for a yummy FREE breakfast and all the fun that it entailed.

Lexy posed nicely with Mr. Easter Bunny.

Tori wouldn't get within 4 feet of him.
So much for the cute Easter pictures I was hoping for.


Each girl was given a gift bag with some Easter-y crafts inside.
Lexy could not wait to make her bookmark. I knew that it would require glue and we don't have any, so I told her to wait until we can take it to Grandma's house. (Sidenote and tip: If you conveniently don't own glue and paint, then GRANDMA can be the "hero" AND the one who has to clean up the mess!)

Despite my instructions otherwise, she ripped open the bag of pieces and, in the process, lost one of the googly eyes for the bunny.

That afternoon, when we were driving to Grandma's house, I was reminding her that she had disobeyed by opening the bag, and also began explaining that she was now missing an eye for Mr. Easter Bunny. You know, preparing her for the fact that her bunny would only have one eye-- because I sure didn't want to deal with that potential meltdown.

She was quiet for a few minutes, and then out of the backseat I hear, "I know, Mom!... It will be a PIRATE bunny!" Because it only has one eye.

I couldn't help but smile.

And sure enough, she made herself a nice little Pirate Bunny Easter Bookmark. Without a single tear.

1 comments:

TDM Wendy said...

is that pirate bunny winking at me?