"so then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and

OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS..."

Colossians 2:6-7

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I'm debating between "I want a Re-do" or just straight and to the point wth "Lipstick"

It's been a day. And it's only 1:15pm.
Oh, there are MANY hours of parenting left today. Pray for me.

Whilst outside cleaning up DOG POOP that mysteriously ended up all over the patio instead of the grass, where it can usually be found, I realized that Tori was being strangely quiet, which is NEVER good thing with her.

I had already de-robed her outside since she has the uncanny INability to avoid dog mess if it's within 200 feet of her. I sent her inside while I tended to the 8 dog paws that needed to be cleaned off in addition to the patio itself, which could still use a good scrub down, but that will have to wait.

So I peak inside and find her sitting at the toy box holding a little tote of cosmetics (lotion, lipstick, chapstick, hand sanitizer, etc.) that I keep in my purse. This particular tote is a favorite of hers, and I've had to rip it from her clutches once or A HUNDRED times before. And just for the record, my purse, from which the tote came, was sitting on top of the kitchen table, in the very middle of the table, unreachable unless a certain little one climbed up ONTO the table.

So.... There she is sitting at the toy box absolutely COVERED in lipstick. It's everywhere. Hands, Face, Shirt, Hair. And remarkably, no where else. I may or may not have screamed at her as she walked toward the bathroom and started to try and touch things with her lipstick-caked hands. She may or may not have burst into tears. I feel/felt horrible, but my walls are still white. My sweatshirt, on the other hand, is now sort of mauvey-rose all over the sleeve.


This child. (shaking my head)
She certainly has a fondness for cosmetics.

And the funniest part about all of this (if you can even find humor in it) is that my FIRST thought was, "Oh my gosh, this is so blog worthy, and darn it, OUR CAMERA IS BROKEN!!"
So you'll have to forgive the grainy quality of the pictures-- they're from my cell phone. And they really don't do all the lipstick justice. Just trust me that is was ALL OVER her. In chunks, really.

But at least the moment was captured for your entertainment.

Tune in next week for 'Fun with Eye Shadow.' (Please God, no.)

2 comments:

TDM Wendy said...

This is a foreshadowing of my stylin saturday pic coming... this is good stuff... when you have your camera available, huh? Dog poo, kid poo... it's our lives now. Yesterday I was counting down the minutes until the kids went to bed. Is that so wrong? Sounds like you are having one of those days.

Carli said...

Wow...that totally beats my cleaning up Easter basket "grass" all over the house today! But I did have a certain 4-yr old sent to the "office" at the end of MOPS for beating up the teacher. Does that count? And yes, I "might" have yelled at my boys today as well...and "should" feel bad about it. Yikes!