"so then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and

OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS..."

Colossians 2:6-7

Monday, May 26, 2008

"I have a baby in my tummy"

Lest you think I am with child, those words were and are uttered by darling LEXY.... ALL. THE. TIME.

We seem to live in a world of pregnant people... We're always around someone who has a baby in their tummy, and Lexy seems to be taking notes

It's now her excuse for anything she doesn't want to do.

Minutes ago, this was our exchange:

Me: OK, Lex, go run downstairs so we can put your panties on.

Lexy: Noooo! I can't run downstairs, I have a baby in my tummy!
Pretty good, eh? Already knows how to protect her unborn child by not foolishly running down stairs!

Ah! But let me assure you.... There are other usages that are completely incorrect. As in the times yesterday when she told me that she couldn't:

  • Take a nap because she had a baby in her tummy (I assured her that she most definitely could take a nap, and probably WANTED to take a nap because babies in your tummy make you REALLY tired)
  • Eat more dinner because she had a baby in her tummy (Again, assured her that she would, in fact, need to eat more than the two bites she had consumed because you have to eat more when there is a baby in your tummy)
  • Go potty because she had a baby in her tummy (I just laughed this time)
Thank goodness my baby does NOT have a baby in her tummy. :)

0 comments: