"so then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and

OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS..."

Colossians 2:6-7

Friday, May 16, 2008

Random Thoughts....

  • We've turned a corner in the ear infection guessing game..... Lexy woke up Wednesday morning and said, "Mom, my ear hurts." Two hours later, the doctor confirms it... she has an ear infection. I was so excited-- seriously-- because I'll never again have to wonder with her. She can now TELL ME. What a concept.
  • I had a revelation this week.... I have groupies. No, I'm not a rock star or anything, but I do have two little people that follow me EVERYWHERE I go. Need to use the restroom? Hope the bathroom floor is clean, as there will be little bodies crawling/playing around on it momentarily. Time for a shower? Hope I don't mind an audience. Who knew I'd need to find ways to entertain people WHILE I'm showering. Talking on the phone? Count on them following me into whatever room I've tried to escape to. Looking on the bright side.... rarely do I have to wonder where they are. :)
  • Tonight we went to the West Ranch High School "Last Chance Dance"-- they really call it that. This school is SUPER family friendly and always incorporates a staff BBQ/family fun night whenever they have a dance. Lexy loves going because there are always multiple bounce houses, slides, etc. It's like a kid's version of heaven, I think. But the real selling point for Lexy is the dancing. We arrived at around 6pm. She was on the dance floor by 6:02pm. By herself. (And she actually has rhythm!) She has embraced the "dance like no one is watching" mantra wholeheartedly. It's so cute and innocent. There she is, dancing her little heart out, mesmerized by the flashing lights, lost in the music, oblivious to the eyes watching her.

0 comments: