"so then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and

OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS..."

Colossians 2:6-7

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Update as of 2pm

We've been glued to the TV all morning watching the progress of the firefighting... I'm happy to report that 3 of the 4 fires seem to be "under control"-- no where near being put out, but no longer threatening houses and people.

The fire that was headed towards my brother's ranch this morning was seemingly under control until about 2 hours ago when the winds kicked up again. I haven't heard a TV report on its current status due to the fact that the fire burning in Running Springs (near Lake Arrowhead) and the one in Foothill Ranch (near Irvine) are going crazy. I do know that there are TONS of helicopters and planes battling our local fire from the air because I can hear them overhead. Lexy keeps looking at me shouting "Helicopter!" as she does the sign she knows from Signing Time. Fun the first 2 or 3 times. (not so fun the 100th time)

Some of you have asked... The horses did make it out okay and were moved to a field/meadow closer to the I-5 freeway. They are "out of harm's way" for now.... Another move could be required if the fire jumps. We'll wait and see.

We are still safe as far as I know. We have our own set of fun issues today as our hot water heater just quit on us (in the middle of laundry, of course). Bill is currently at Home Depot buying a new one. Thank the Lord I have a handy husband. :)

0 comments: