"so then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and

OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS..."

Colossians 2:6-7

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ruth and Boaz

We have started checking out childrens' movies from our church library on a weekly basis, and the girls really enjoy them. Currently, we have "Bible Animated Classics: Ruth" on loan, and they like it so much we actually renewed it for another week!
Here's when you know maybe they have watched it a few too many times....
Tori walks around the house saying, "My God, MY God." (I don't think she knows how to say 'your'.)

"Where you go, I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." Ruth 1:16b

And the real kicker....
Lexy had a great suggestion the other night:
"Hey Mom, how 'bout we name the baby Boaz?"

Boaz Hughes.
Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? :)

I had to laugh. At least they are hearing (and hopefully learning!) about trust in God, obedience, and kindness from the story of Ruth.

0 comments: