"so then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and

OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS..."

Colossians 2:6-7

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Conversations with Lexy...

This morning, I had the pleasure of spending the morning alone at home with Lexy while Bill was out with Tori. We started off with an overdue bath (should have happened last night, oops), which was actually kind of treat for me with only ONE kid to wash. She is getting to the age where you can actually carry on a conversation with her... very fun to hear the thoughts (and IMAGINATION!) running through that cute little head of hers. Here is a sampling of our chat during bathtime:

me trying to pour a cup of water over her head to get the soap out....


Lexy: Save me! Save me!

Me: Who taught you that?

L: I did. 'Cause Jesus saved me.

M: Really. Who taught you that?

L: My husband.

M: Really. Who is your husband?

L: He's the Daddy to my babies.

M: Huh. And what's his name?

L: His name is Collin Haney. (we don't know a Collin Haney)

M: Really. And how old is Collin Haney?

L: Three and a half.

M: Oh! Just like you!

L: Uh huh.

M: Where did you meet Collin Haney?

L: Um, at my guidance school. (?????)

M: At your guidance school?

L: Yes.


And I can't remember where it went from there because we got caught up in the bath time duties. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

Bill and I both can't wait to meet Collin Haney.

While we're on the topic of Lexy, here are some really cute things she has said recently:

"Mom, you bumped me on the nose and headfore." (forehead)

"
We need some more paper toilet" (toilet paper)

"Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to be a mommy. And you're going to be a grandma."

"Okay, I'll try." (Said with a air of doubt when you ask her to do anything.)

And many more that I'll have come back and update as I remember them.
I LOVE this age.



2 comments:

TDM Wendy said...

too good. I loved guidance school when i was a kid?

Libby said...

Love it! I can't wait to meet Collin Haney too!