"so then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and

OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS..."

Colossians 2:6-7

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Firsts

This week has been filled with firsts...
Yesterday, Lexy and I went to our first AWANA Cubbies meeting. She is super excited about her "Cuvvies" class and has been asking for weeks, "Are we going to Cuvvies today, Mom?"
I have the privilege of being her table leader, so I'm sure it will be a memorable year.
Despite bringing my camera and having every intention of capturing the "first day", things were a little crazy and I didn't get around to actually taking any pictures. Oops.

But never fear...

On to today! And another First!

gearing up to go to school....

Today Lexy had her first day of preschool. She is going to a city-sponsored program called Terrific Tots on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and based on her reaction today, I think she loves it. :) Here are some shots I took before I left this morning...

waiting patiently for the doors to open
and let her in. She LOVES her lunchbox with horses that
Grandma brought back to her from Churchill Downs.

She made a bee-line for the kitchen (of course) as soon as we went inside

And then she noticed the play dough...

I'm standing at the door just about to walk out and this was my final shot. I said, "Bye Lexy!", hoping that she would at least GLANCE in my direction, but no. She just continued playing with her play dough and casually said "Bye Mom. Have fun," without even looking up. I guess that means she's ready for preschool. My little girl is growing up. :)

0 comments: