"so then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and

OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS..."

Colossians 2:6-7

Thursday, June 26, 2008

#8

I've tallied the number of Tori's ear infections at 8. (give or take)

She woke up yesterday afternoon from her nap with a 102.7 temp. No other symptoms whatsoever-- nothing. So, I knew she had another ear infection.

An evening trip to Urgent Care confirmed it.
And the doctor went so far as to say "the left side looks bad."
Poor thing.

As I sat at the local pharmacy waiting for her prescription to be filled, I struck up a conversation with another gentleman also playing the waiting game. Tori was making googley eyes at him, so he couldn't resist. Turns out, he was waiting for ear drops for his 16-month old son who was having tubes put in his ears on Friday. We chatted and shared our chronic ear infection war stories. Our poor kids probably don't know what it feels like to have "normal" pain- and pressure-less ears.

Tori has an appointment with an ENT in August, and although initially the idea of surgery freaked me out, now I'm kind of hoping the doctor will recommend tubes for her. *I* am getting tired of her having ear infections, and I can't begin to imagine how tired of them she must be.

Her fever continued most of the day today, but here's hoping she'll be back in the normal range tomorrow....

0 comments: